Skip to main content

It all seems to be about the C words!


I am meant to be sewing the rest of my Christmas presents today but am way too to tired from the party we had last night! I was a good girl and only had three glasses of wine and plenty of water but still have the after effects of a good night.

I have gone from a low to a high in that past three days. I woke up on Friday to a phone call from the hospital telling me that my chemo would be on Christmas eve! Well you can imagine what my reaction to that was.... in the politest possible way I told them they could forget it! Why on earth would I be OK about having chemo on Christmas eve of all days. Im surprised they even do it on that day anyway. I wouldn't think anyone would be having it then. They called me back to tell me that I would have to have it on New years eve instead. Still not great but its better then the previous date. Its unfortunate that my chemo has to be on Wednesdays and those two Eve's land on those days.

At least I will not be tempted to go out. New years eve has always been an anti climax and I only ever seem to have amazing or awful ones. I guess this will be one of the awful ones. It is possible I could have waited another week but I would rather just get it out of the way. Joe will be coming up to spend New years eve with me and a friend has offered to come with me too. I think a night in with some Christmas films will do me fine.

So apart from being a little miffed at the news that morning I also had more bad news. My mum told me that our dog was going to the vets to be put down. He is a very old dog who struggles to do anything and it was hard to know what to do. How do you know when its an animals time to go when they can't help you by telling you. It was decided that it was perhaps his time to go. We were all very upset about the idea and wanted to make sure so we made sure dad asked the vet on his opinion.

All feeling guilty but knowing that this was perhaps the best thing for him we said our goodbyes.
About an hour later dad came home with Blue! We were all relieved that he was still with us and the vet had said there is more life in him yet but he would expect to see him again in a few months.

It had been an emotional day for all. My sister had moved down that so it was a nice distraction from what was going on.

There was something about a lot of C words recently that I wasn't liking. Apart from Christmas and creativity there is Cancer, Chemo and Candida also effecting my life right now. I am still struggling with Candida. Its obviously not as important as the cancer but when it is still effecting me its hard to ignore. Having been on an anti candida diet I have lost a lot of weight. I know I need to put some back on to build my strength up while going through chemo. Putting on weight while on the anti candida diet is virtually impossible to do, so I have been eating things I haven't been able to in the last year. It has to be done carefully though as I will worsen the candida making be ill in other ways.

I must have been over doing it last week because I have really been suffering the last 3 days. It seems so unfair that I can not indulge in all the foods I love the most! I know the chemo also worsens candida as well so I do have to be careful with what I eat. I will have to tackle killing the candida after the chemo. But I must say I AM sick of it right now!!!

I always struggle at the weekends as want to be busy seeing people and socializing. I don't mind being stuck in through the week but when it gets to the weekend I seem to get down. I know it is only temporary and I guess with it being the festive season people are out a lot and it makes you feel like you are missing out. There is plenty time to come to enjoy myself after all this and I have to keep reminding myself of that.

It was that time of the month, which I am effected badly by and I was suffering from my yeast infection. I was not having much fun! But there was something to look forward to and that was the Christmas drinks I was having Sunday night. I had only invited a few close girlfriends. My dad decided to take it upon himself to invite all the neighbours round which in fact turned out OK as not all my friends could make it so it livened things up a bit. Not that my small group of friends needs livening up as they are pretty much good at doing that themselves, it was just good to keep the numbers up.

It was a fantastic night! Lots of catching up, drinking and eating, laughs and even guitar hero!!


It is now Tuesday and I am incredibly hungover! It was worth it though as I had a fantastic night out. Its certainly a while since I have had that much fun. The last night I drank that much was on my birthday in August. I feel rough but actually expected to be feeling a lot worse considering I was on the vino rouge. I guess my body thinks its nothing compared to the chemo!


Well this will be my last blog before Christmas so thank you for reading and have a great Yule-tide and New year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Emily, what a rollercoaster crappy time of it you're having at the minute, but I hope 2009 brings you much happiness and peace. Have a great Xmas and I look forward to hearing your next instalment in the New Year. Lots of love Karen xx
Anonymous said…
Emily, I need you to know that I can hardly reqad your blog these days since you have turned the background pink. I lean forward like a very old person and screw my face up to read it. I managed to make out that your dad invited all his friends to your party which was a really fantastic thing and that you spending New Year with your dog Blue and the vet.

They are trying it on telling you you can have your Chemo on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve - tell them to bugger off.

Just think how amazing next year will be. Happy Christmas yo all of you and hope your Turkey is cooked right through- I am really stressed about mine and I am not even cooking it - my mum is - so really I need to learn to chill a bit.

Lots of love and remember there is a whole team of people out there rooting and praying for you. Have a fab time, lots of love from all of usxxx
Vicey said…
Dolly, you looked and seemed exactly the same old you when i saw you - Bloody Gorgeous ... and that haircut!!! Hope you can come and misbehave some more next Saturday : )

Popular posts from this blog

Spring has sprung

I am so happy that the sun is shining and spring is on its way because at the moment I am my happiest sitting out in the natural elements taking in the new spring air. I feel it is appropriate timing that I am finishing my treatment and will be starting to live my life again when Spring is emerging. The Spring equinox begins this weekend, when night and day stand in perfect balance. The Spring Equinox represents new life and growth. The lethargy of winter is dissipating and there is the promise of life becoming more exuberant. This equinox is also known as Ostara or Eostre - and is celebrated as a festival of new growth, renewal, a re-balancing of energies and the return of longer days. "Goddess of fertility and new beginnings, we take this opportunity to embrace Eostre's passion for new life and let our own lives take the new direction we have wanted for so long." I mentioned in my last post the last chemo being bittersweet and how its left me feeling alone and desponde

My new puppies!

Well what a week I have had! I have had my breast reconstruction and am now back home recovering.I was very anxious and excited at the same time about having it done. It was great to think finally I will get my boobs back but I had no idea how they were going to turn out and I had to trust in my surgeon that they would look great! My body was changing again and it was quite a scary feeling. The recon went very well and I am very pleased with the results. It took me a while to look down at my chest, I was worried I was not going to like what I saw. At first glance in hospital I freaked out because not only was the right breast about twice the size of the left one but they were also pointing side ways rather then straight on. I hated being back in hospital, it brought back all the horrible memories of when I was last in to have my mastectomy. Even though I was in for a positive reason it was still hard. Being in pain, coming round from the anesthetics and being on morphine is a massive

Cancer Survivor day

Today is cancer survivor day so what better day to write a post update. It's been six months since I last wrote and in just six months a lot has happened.  Firstly I want to say if you are a cancer survivor then well done! You did it! You beat the big C, the biggest shit of all shits! If you are fighting cancer right now then I send out so much love to you right.  Keep fighting and stay strong and positive and know that you can kick its arse!  I feel like a cat who has nine lives. I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was to be alive until I got two messages off friends who had lost their friends to breast cancer and had exactly the same type as me. I've always been a little laid back about stuff in the past and was convinced I was invincible like most young people do and even today I still have to remind myself how lucky I actually am to be here today. Even when I had cancer I was never scared that I wouldn't beat it. I'm not sure if that's a bit of ignorance