Skip to main content

Move over Dita Von Teese......

.....I'm the next lingerie model! I got some very exciting new yesterday. Marks and Spencers contacted Breakthrough breast cancer to ask me if I would model for their post-surgery lingerie range. Obviously I have said yes to this amazing opportunity. It could not have come at a better time. I had my last bit of reconstructive surgery 2 months ago and am much happier with the way my breast looks. My nipple was way too big and my implant was pushing itself up, which is not a natural way a breast normally heads! My amazing surgeon made my nipple smaller and lowered the implant. It looks so much better. Not perfect as it never will be but its definitely the best its ever going to look, so I am very happy. Being asked to model for M&S's post-surgery lingerie range is going to be a huge confidence boost for me. When I have looked at models in underwear and bikinis I have always thought how lucky they are to have their natural breasts and knowing mine will never be the same again. Doing this will be especially important to me as I would have loved to seen images of a young women who had had breast cancer modelling for something as big as M&S. Personally I do not think there is a big enough post-surgery ranges in any lingerie company. I'm not even sure who else does one apart from M&S. I still can not wear under wired bras as they hurt too much and struggle to find wireless bras that are supportive and pretty! I ended up going into a maternity shop and buying 2 maternity bras because they were pretty and supportive. Maybe that's what I should do, design my own range! Watch this space!!

Comments

Absolutely amazing to have come through this so positively..and what a pay off!! You must be a very proud lady! x
jaywontfly said…
Wow! This is amazing and so wonderful. I've never heard of this company, let alone know they have a post surgery line. I, too, have been struggling desperately to find underwire-less bras that are cute, sexy, and just make me feel good. It can be so depressing at times. This must be so exciting for you and I look forward to seeing the line! - Jessi

Popular posts from this blog

Spring has sprung

I am so happy that the sun is shining and spring is on its way because at the moment I am my happiest sitting out in the natural elements taking in the new spring air. I feel it is appropriate timing that I am finishing my treatment and will be starting to live my life again when Spring is emerging. The Spring equinox begins this weekend, when night and day stand in perfect balance. The Spring Equinox represents new life and growth. The lethargy of winter is dissipating and there is the promise of life becoming more exuberant. This equinox is also known as Ostara or Eostre - and is celebrated as a festival of new growth, renewal, a re-balancing of energies and the return of longer days. "Goddess of fertility and new beginnings, we take this opportunity to embrace Eostre's passion for new life and let our own lives take the new direction we have wanted for so long." I mentioned in my last post the last chemo being bittersweet and how its left me feeling alone and desponde

My new puppies!

Well what a week I have had! I have had my breast reconstruction and am now back home recovering.I was very anxious and excited at the same time about having it done. It was great to think finally I will get my boobs back but I had no idea how they were going to turn out and I had to trust in my surgeon that they would look great! My body was changing again and it was quite a scary feeling. The recon went very well and I am very pleased with the results. It took me a while to look down at my chest, I was worried I was not going to like what I saw. At first glance in hospital I freaked out because not only was the right breast about twice the size of the left one but they were also pointing side ways rather then straight on. I hated being back in hospital, it brought back all the horrible memories of when I was last in to have my mastectomy. Even though I was in for a positive reason it was still hard. Being in pain, coming round from the anesthetics and being on morphine is a massive

Cancer Survivor day

Today is cancer survivor day so what better day to write a post update. It's been six months since I last wrote and in just six months a lot has happened.  Firstly I want to say if you are a cancer survivor then well done! You did it! You beat the big C, the biggest shit of all shits! If you are fighting cancer right now then I send out so much love to you right.  Keep fighting and stay strong and positive and know that you can kick its arse!  I feel like a cat who has nine lives. I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was to be alive until I got two messages off friends who had lost their friends to breast cancer and had exactly the same type as me. I've always been a little laid back about stuff in the past and was convinced I was invincible like most young people do and even today I still have to remind myself how lucky I actually am to be here today. Even when I had cancer I was never scared that I wouldn't beat it. I'm not sure if that's a bit of ignorance