Skip to main content

Country bumpkin to trailer trash!!

Well some of you know that my surgery date changed to June 8th. Slight mix up at the hospital about what operation I was having. A little annoying but hey its not far away now! I saw my surgeon about the decision I had made and he was very pleased and thought it was the right one (the one I had originally decided on!).

This Saturday I will be moving into my new pad down near Brighton. I am very excited to be going back down and living with Joe again. It will be a new fresh start with hopefully the worst behind us and lots of good things to come. Where we are moving too is quite interesting and unconventional just the way we like it. In fact, it suits us both right down to the ground. It is a park home, beach house, static home, glorified caravan!, whatever you wana call it. I am going to be trailer trash and I can not wait! It is right by the beach and that is something I have dreamed of. I am going to transform this little home into a 60s/70s bohemian hippy haven! The park is called Golden sands! Sounds posh eh!


I wish it was this, how cool is this arrangement!

It will be very sad to leave home up in Leicester where most of my family are. Its been great to spend some quality time with them and having them all fussing around me when I have been ill. I do not know what I would have done without them.

I had a great last weekend where we took my mum and dads narrow boat out and chugged along drinking cider in the sun. Perfect!









I will miss Foxton and its beautiful countryside, canal walks, the locks and cider and pasties, and fish and chips on a Friday! But most of all I will miss the Holts, the Sneffs and the Bates! And not to mention Cash the greyhound and Mabel the mental! Thank you all for everything you have done. I love usssse all and I will be back for plenty of visits.

So goodbye country bumpkin and hello trailer trash!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Emily,

You have been so brave - good luck with the Op and have a fantastic new life as trailer trash!
lots of love xx
Liz Gibson
Anonymous said…
Hi Emily
Well done and hope your op goes well, Wishing you lots of love and happiness in your new home!
Anita Hennigan
Amelia said…
Wow love the photos and can't wait to come and visit you in Brighton! Good luck with move-speak soon. You deserve lots of happiness and you've worked so hard to get where you are xxx
joan bates said…
hiya emily hope youre op goes well good luck in ya new start and love ya new gaff soooooo diffrent from anything i have seen before love to see some more pics as you do it up joanie xx
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you've made your decision Emily- I'm sure it's the right one! Good luck for your op and much love and happiness in your new home

Karen x
Anonymous said…
I always knew you were trailor trash! You looked way too comfortable in Bushwhackers, haha!
Love ya lots and miss you! Can we have our next big trip soon?
Ames xxx
Unknown said…
Hi Emily,

It has been so great getting to know you through all of your posts! I wish you the best with your surgery and new home xxxooo

Kelley Hanan-Parlette
Gemma de Ville said…
Hey Lovely!!

So glad to hear everything is getting back on track - really excited you'll be down in Brighton I'm sooo coming to visit! I'll put my best trailer trash outfit on too!!! ;-)

Gem xxxx
love from sweden, www.lanjas.com
Unknown said…
What's happening, good internet site you have going here
http://antibiotichelp.com/buy-cefixime-online-au.html

Popular posts from this blog

Spring has sprung

I am so happy that the sun is shining and spring is on its way because at the moment I am my happiest sitting out in the natural elements taking in the new spring air. I feel it is appropriate timing that I am finishing my treatment and will be starting to live my life again when Spring is emerging. The Spring equinox begins this weekend, when night and day stand in perfect balance. The Spring Equinox represents new life and growth. The lethargy of winter is dissipating and there is the promise of life becoming more exuberant. This equinox is also known as Ostara or Eostre - and is celebrated as a festival of new growth, renewal, a re-balancing of energies and the return of longer days. "Goddess of fertility and new beginnings, we take this opportunity to embrace Eostre's passion for new life and let our own lives take the new direction we have wanted for so long." I mentioned in my last post the last chemo being bittersweet and how its left me feeling alone and desponde

My new puppies!

Well what a week I have had! I have had my breast reconstruction and am now back home recovering.I was very anxious and excited at the same time about having it done. It was great to think finally I will get my boobs back but I had no idea how they were going to turn out and I had to trust in my surgeon that they would look great! My body was changing again and it was quite a scary feeling. The recon went very well and I am very pleased with the results. It took me a while to look down at my chest, I was worried I was not going to like what I saw. At first glance in hospital I freaked out because not only was the right breast about twice the size of the left one but they were also pointing side ways rather then straight on. I hated being back in hospital, it brought back all the horrible memories of when I was last in to have my mastectomy. Even though I was in for a positive reason it was still hard. Being in pain, coming round from the anesthetics and being on morphine is a massive

Cancer Survivor day

Today is cancer survivor day so what better day to write a post update. It's been six months since I last wrote and in just six months a lot has happened.  Firstly I want to say if you are a cancer survivor then well done! You did it! You beat the big C, the biggest shit of all shits! If you are fighting cancer right now then I send out so much love to you right.  Keep fighting and stay strong and positive and know that you can kick its arse!  I feel like a cat who has nine lives. I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was to be alive until I got two messages off friends who had lost their friends to breast cancer and had exactly the same type as me. I've always been a little laid back about stuff in the past and was convinced I was invincible like most young people do and even today I still have to remind myself how lucky I actually am to be here today. Even when I had cancer I was never scared that I wouldn't beat it. I'm not sure if that's a bit of ignorance