Skip to main content

Decision made! Bring on 2020.




So my decision is finally made and it feels such a relief. Before I go into detail, I just want to mention what happened after I published my last blog post. I was so glad to finally post it and it got so much response so quickly which was Amazing to see. Quite soon after I posted it the photographer from America messaged me with the photos she had taken in Woodstock. I wasn't expecting them for another four months so it was such a nice surprise and the timing couldn't have been better! When things like this happen I really believe the universe has got my back and delivers at the perfect time. I looked at the photos and was instantly wowed by them and had a little cry. I don't really look at my chest naked and its different seeing yourself in the mirror to a photo anyway. I felt so proud of myself and all that I'd gone through. The photos really helped me feel happier with my decision. Just to clarify, I had actually made my decision last summer, I was just struggling to face it. When I looked at the photos and my chest it also made me realise that I had actually lost my my breast 11 years ago. I wasn't really about to lose another, this was just an implant and reconstruction made to vaguely look like my breast. It actually looks nothing like my real one. It's smaller, higher, completely the wrong shape. Its hard, doesn't move and I don't like it at all. It doesn't really bother me, I got used to it and forget sometimes I don't have a normal set of boobs. I forgot that I was never going to have a normal chest again so what difference is this really going to make. I felt confident with my final decision and ready to go into my appointment with confidence which was very important, because if they didn't think I was happy then they probably wouldn't do it and go make me see a psychotherapist for a while.

So here are the photos. I've covered the breasts as I'm not sure I'm ready to show them to the world, but I am happy to show people individually. Depending on the individual of course.



The next day after not much sleep at all and then a trip to the vets for my poorly kitty, I drove to the hospital. The closer I got the sicker I felt. It was a bit of a wait and I finally got called in. The lady that called me then said, "Sorry for the wait, your name disappeared off our system. I hope that's not a bad omen." I nervously laughed and thought what the hell. As if you say that to someone in hospital! I laughed afterwards.

I saw a guy that I hadn't seen before and I had to tell him what I had decided. He then went to the Surgeon Miss Nugent to discuss my decision. I was hoping I'd actually get to see her and I did. She was fine with what I'd decided but warned me that having the capsules out as well as the implants came with great risk. I was willing to take that risk seeing as the other risk of keeping them in was cancer. The capsule is the fibrous scar tissue that forms around the implant once in place, creating a tissue capsule. The body forms a protective capsule like this around any object it recognises as foreign.

My surgeon then asked me If I definitely didn't want more implants and why. She understood and then asked me If I possibly wanted a fat transfer. I didn't think this was an option because I didn't have an awful lot of fat on me. I was thinking, damn it! Why didn't I eat more donuts in America! So I got naked and she examined my breasts and the fat on my body, which isn't a lot. I really didn't want my stomach hacking up so didn't think this was going to be an option for me.

She squeezed my stomach fat and said, "Nope there's not enough fat there." Phew I thought, it wasn't an option anyway. She looked at my inner thighs and said, yes there's enough fat there but it will change the shape of your legs and bum and is a lengthy painful procedure. I wasn't liking the sound of this. The next option was my hips. I actually got excited about this and shouted out, "Yes my hips my hips! Please let there me enough fat there!" I had already a huge scar on my back from my reconstruction and I really didn't care about scaring on the back of my hips either. I wear high waisted bottoms anyway and I quite like scars as long as they aren't on my stomach. I've also always complained about my child bearing hips not being able to fit into 70's jeans knowing they'd fit the waist but not able to get them over my hips. She squeezed my hips and said, "Well there isn't a lot there but I think we could use that fat." I just shouted, "YES, anything just any bit of fat will be fine." I also asked if putting on weight would help and she said it wouldn't make any difference.

She seemed concerned that I wasn't going to be happy with the results as my breasts would be a lot smaller, the left one considerably and look nothing like they do now. She explained to me that in general, 75 to 80 percent of the fat injected during any fat transfer procedure will survive, while the rest will be naturally metabolised by the body. Already not having much fat to take, the left one will be very very small but I didn't care and said I'd be happy with anything as my concern was as being quite boney on my chest especially after my mastectomy that if I went flat I'd end up with a concave chest. The fact my current breasts are completely asymmetric and look odd, at this stage I didn't really care. I was happier to be a smaller bra size, again that's more 70's tops I will be able to get into!

So with all that decided, she explained to me that I'd have to have two separate procedures. First the capsule and implant explant, and then the fat transfer about three months later. So for the first three months I will be flat which will be weird. I asked how long the current waiting list was and she said possibly April/May. I was so happy with this as originally she had said 6-9 months. I knew I'd probably be quite eager for another America trip by the end of the summer so this would work out well.


I felt so good after the appointment and ready for this to happen. I suddenly felt more ready for 2020 and what it will bring. I wasn't wanting to put my life on hold either. I want lots of change this year. I'm ready for a whole new chapter in my life. Having my implants removed feels like perfect timing. I've finally put my past to rest and am so much happier. The implants in some way feel part of that past. I can not wait to get these toxic things out of me!!!

Comments

Vanessa Newman said…
Love yesterday’s update blog Em. You’re so positive and the happiness resulting from your appointment radiates through your writing. I feel it.
Btw, you’re welcome to some of my fat if you want ๐Ÿ˜‚That’s a serious offer but I’m sure it’s not an option ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Love n luck to you n your breasts

You’ll feel free once those implants are gone. I can see you flying this year ๐Ÿฆ‹

Clara david said…
WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man u/herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739 you can follow him up on Instagram u/herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Spring has sprung

I am so happy that the sun is shining and spring is on its way because at the moment I am my happiest sitting out in the natural elements taking in the new spring air. I feel it is appropriate timing that I am finishing my treatment and will be starting to live my life again when Spring is emerging. The Spring equinox begins this weekend, when night and day stand in perfect balance. The Spring Equinox represents new life and growth. The lethargy of winter is dissipating and there is the promise of life becoming more exuberant. This equinox is also known as Ostara or Eostre - and is celebrated as a festival of new growth, renewal, a re-balancing of energies and the return of longer days. "Goddess of fertility and new beginnings, we take this opportunity to embrace Eostre's passion for new life and let our own lives take the new direction we have wanted for so long." I mentioned in my last post the last chemo being bittersweet and how its left me feeling alone and desponde

My new puppies!

Well what a week I have had! I have had my breast reconstruction and am now back home recovering.I was very anxious and excited at the same time about having it done. It was great to think finally I will get my boobs back but I had no idea how they were going to turn out and I had to trust in my surgeon that they would look great! My body was changing again and it was quite a scary feeling. The recon went very well and I am very pleased with the results. It took me a while to look down at my chest, I was worried I was not going to like what I saw. At first glance in hospital I freaked out because not only was the right breast about twice the size of the left one but they were also pointing side ways rather then straight on. I hated being back in hospital, it brought back all the horrible memories of when I was last in to have my mastectomy. Even though I was in for a positive reason it was still hard. Being in pain, coming round from the anesthetics and being on morphine is a massive

Cancer Survivor day

Today is cancer survivor day so what better day to write a post update. It's been six months since I last wrote and in just six months a lot has happened.  Firstly I want to say if you are a cancer survivor then well done! You did it! You beat the big C, the biggest shit of all shits! If you are fighting cancer right now then I send out so much love to you right.  Keep fighting and stay strong and positive and know that you can kick its arse!  I feel like a cat who has nine lives. I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was to be alive until I got two messages off friends who had lost their friends to breast cancer and had exactly the same type as me. I've always been a little laid back about stuff in the past and was convinced I was invincible like most young people do and even today I still have to remind myself how lucky I actually am to be here today. Even when I had cancer I was never scared that I wouldn't beat it. I'm not sure if that's a bit of ignorance