Skip to main content

A winter wonderland



The last two weeks I realised that I still had some things from the past I needed to let go off. It can be a tough lesson but as long as you realise it and finally let go and put it to rest then you can embrace the new things that come into your life. In dreams snow symbolises new beginnings. I like to think that this is the case in reality especially for me at this time.

I feel like I have only just about got over the last chemo and the last but one is approaching already. Its been a really tough last week, emotionally and physically. I had felt so crap for so long that it was really getting to me and started to worry about everything from the present to the future. I really don't need to be worrying about the future right now but when your lying in bed for days bored out of your mind because you have tired of all possible things to keep you amused, which is not a lot then there seems not much else to do.

I can be my worst enemy, I do my own head in! I think way too much and analyse things and become frustrated and impatient. There seemed to be too much going on in my head last week and I felt like I really couldn't deal with it... I can of course but when your heads gone into that dark place it doesn't feel that way. Its hard to separate the way your feeling because of the chemo and just the way you can be generally. The chemo zaps you of all your energy and it feels like even your soul. I do not feel myself most of the time at the moment. I know it wont last forever I just find it hard to be around people when I feel like that. I would rather wallow in my own misery by myself. It doesn't matter what anyone says to you because they don't understand how your feeling. All the "Its nearly over" and"try and stay positive"'s don't mean a thing to you when you feel this low.

There are times when I feel like I'm going to lose it or I just want to run away from it all and forget about cancer. Cancer... I'm sick of the word, I hate it! Its everywhere, it happens to too many people, good people too., people who do not deserve this terrifying and evil disease. For the ones that have a chance of survival and get through it, I'm sure have learnt and grown from the tough and exhausting experience but for the ones who have no chance of survival, how do they stay positive and make sense of it. It angers and heartbreaks me. I am a very spiritual person who believe everything happens for a reason but when you hear of someone that has cancer with only months to live I just don't know what to think. Life can be so cruel.

I could now rant on about a few issues but am going to refrain for now!

This post is turning into a negative one so I will change the mood as its not all doom and gloom... but just one more last sad bit of news. Our last surviving dog Blue had to be put down on Sunday. He was deteriorating slowly and all of a sudden he seemed very unwell and we agreed the time had come. He'd had a long and good life and felt the suffering should no longer go on. He was a quiet dog and you almost forgot he was even there at times but it was very strange having him no longer laid in the middle of the kitchen floor anymore.

I was glad when last week was over. I have been feeling better this week. I still have a lingering sore throat and am very tired at the moment. Its been nice to wake up to snow every morning. The world seems so beautiful and magical when its covered in it. Its not quite as exciting when your not snowed in and its stopping you going to school or work though. I wished the snow had fallen last week when I was stuck in bed as now I feel better I want to go out but its a bit risky with the icy roads. I did not let it stop me yesterday though and I went to see a friend who it seemed I had not seen for ages. It was very very good spending time with them and it cheered me up enormously.

So next Wednesday is my last but one chemo. I do not actually dread the chemo anymore but the cold cap. It is so painful and makes me feel sick. It does worsen the experience but with all the hair I still have left it has to be worth it! I have no idea whether by the end of it I will still have hair or not. I think it will be pretty amazing if I do. To keep it for as long as I have already I would recommend it to anyone who will be undergoing chemotherapy.

Well I have not enjoyed the snow as much as I would like to have done but I hope you all have made the most of it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
My darling Em - just keep looking at the beautiful photos you took today and that will surely bring a smile to your face whenever you're feeling down.
Love you xxxxx
P.S make the most of those lovely wellies (trendy dunlops!) dad bought you and the snow and take some more pics tomorrow x

Popular posts from this blog

Spring has sprung

I am so happy that the sun is shining and spring is on its way because at the moment I am my happiest sitting out in the natural elements taking in the new spring air. I feel it is appropriate timing that I am finishing my treatment and will be starting to live my life again when Spring is emerging. The Spring equinox begins this weekend, when night and day stand in perfect balance. The Spring Equinox represents new life and growth. The lethargy of winter is dissipating and there is the promise of life becoming more exuberant. This equinox is also known as Ostara or Eostre - and is celebrated as a festival of new growth, renewal, a re-balancing of energies and the return of longer days. "Goddess of fertility and new beginnings, we take this opportunity to embrace Eostre's passion for new life and let our own lives take the new direction we have wanted for so long." I mentioned in my last post the last chemo being bittersweet and how its left me feeling alone and desponde

My new puppies!

Well what a week I have had! I have had my breast reconstruction and am now back home recovering.I was very anxious and excited at the same time about having it done. It was great to think finally I will get my boobs back but I had no idea how they were going to turn out and I had to trust in my surgeon that they would look great! My body was changing again and it was quite a scary feeling. The recon went very well and I am very pleased with the results. It took me a while to look down at my chest, I was worried I was not going to like what I saw. At first glance in hospital I freaked out because not only was the right breast about twice the size of the left one but they were also pointing side ways rather then straight on. I hated being back in hospital, it brought back all the horrible memories of when I was last in to have my mastectomy. Even though I was in for a positive reason it was still hard. Being in pain, coming round from the anesthetics and being on morphine is a massive

Cancer Survivor day

Today is cancer survivor day so what better day to write a post update. It's been six months since I last wrote and in just six months a lot has happened.  Firstly I want to say if you are a cancer survivor then well done! You did it! You beat the big C, the biggest shit of all shits! If you are fighting cancer right now then I send out so much love to you right.  Keep fighting and stay strong and positive and know that you can kick its arse!  I feel like a cat who has nine lives. I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was to be alive until I got two messages off friends who had lost their friends to breast cancer and had exactly the same type as me. I've always been a little laid back about stuff in the past and was convinced I was invincible like most young people do and even today I still have to remind myself how lucky I actually am to be here today. Even when I had cancer I was never scared that I wouldn't beat it. I'm not sure if that's a bit of ignorance