Skip to main content

The dark cloud has lifted.....

....from above my head and I am feeling much better this week. I did not end up going to Glastonbury unfortunately but had a lovely weekend with my best friend. We spoke about a lot of things that were bothering me and and he helped me to make sense of them all. I feel I know what to do to carry on with my future in a positive and painless way. Knowing is the easy part though, its the doing thats the hardest bit. I defiantly need to draw in my energy for a while so that I can recover fully.

The weather was beautiful at the weekend and I made the most of it by going on walks. I went to Pittsford reservoir with my sister on Friday, Thornton reservoir on Saturday and Pittsford again on the Sunday. I had never been to Thornton reservoir before, its beautiful. I didn't feel like I was in Leicestershire, I could have easily been abroad. I really really enjoyed getting out and walking, especially by some water too. I love water and really miss living by the sea. I always found the sea so therapeutic. I could sit there for hours looking out at the ocean, all my troubles and worries disappearing.

My friend Lucy who I went to Uni with came down last week and took some photos of me. I thought it would be a good idea because I had been feeling so crap about myself. I also needed some photos to give the modeling agency. It was perhaps a bit too soon as I was not feeling good about myself last week and I think it shows in the photos. I did not feel as relaxed as the last time we did a shoot together. I was pleased with some of the photos though. We were both a little frustrated because I was not able to relax and Lucy was not enjoying using her digital camera after using medium format. We made the most of it though and had a fun day. I enjoyed the shoot in the cemetery especially.






So, yesterday I saw my oncologist and we talked about the radiotherapy and got a tattoo on my chest. I say tattoo, it was just some permanent dots on my chest so that they know where to place the machine each time. Thats probably as close as I'll ever get to a getting a tattoo. Radiotherapy begins on the 14th April, everyday for 3 weeks. I decided against having it under my arm. I feel this was the right decision to make. I am sure most women would have taken the risk but I do feel my cancer has gone and will never return. I also started Tamoxifen last night. I will be taking this pill everyday for 5 years. It puts you into an early menopause, although I think its already started from my periods stopping from the chemo. I am already getting mild hot flushes.

I have my radio interview tomorrow at the hospital and will be interviewed what its like having chemo. I also have my interview for Mywardrobe.com with Caryn Franklin which I am quite nervous about!

I have got a few trips sorted in the next 2 months. I am off to see a friend of mine in Oxfordshire this weekend, off to Cornwall for a week on the 3rd April and going to Spain with a friend after my radiotherapy. Cornwall is going to be amazing, we have booked a little cottage in Sennen. Its on a hill overlooking the beach, it looks like pure heaven!! Unfortunately it looks like California will have to be put on hold for the time being. Next year defiantly!

I have also decided to move back to Brighton for the summer. I miss it so much and did not really get to enjoy my short time down there last year. I will deserve a bit of fun and want to be near my friends down there again. If I get into college up here in Leicester it will be a nice little break for me before I start.

So, I have lots to look forward to. Once the radiotherapy is over I can finally get my life back!!

Comments

Da said…
sister...i hope u can get ur life back without d cancer or tumour cell.....
Jesus christ bless you...
*Everything is Possible*
Stephanie said…
Everthing is possible^^..
dont forget to drink more water..eat fruit or juice *tomatoes,carrot,apple*..
eat more vegetables....
El said…
Good luck with the radiotherapy. I had 15 too + 2 boosters. The biggest problem I have found is the tiredness afterwards.
It's a good idea to use E45 or Aqueous cream often to sooth and stop the skin drying out. I found E45 the best. xxx
Unknown said…
well done. And great photos.
Anonymous said…
I send you sparkles of sunrays, through early morning hazy dew trees. And wish you happiness in all the things you're planning....Anna M x
Anonymous said…
Hi Emily, I hope you enjoy your holidays and good luck with your course of radiotherapy. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end.
s said…
hI emily ..this is sana ..recently diagonosed with breast cancer ..and im also 28 ..guess we are the few ones ..i would love to stay in touch with you and as you know this time i need support so sister i would really appreciate your help ..thnx
s said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Spring has sprung

I am so happy that the sun is shining and spring is on its way because at the moment I am my happiest sitting out in the natural elements taking in the new spring air. I feel it is appropriate timing that I am finishing my treatment and will be starting to live my life again when Spring is emerging. The Spring equinox begins this weekend, when night and day stand in perfect balance. The Spring Equinox represents new life and growth. The lethargy of winter is dissipating and there is the promise of life becoming more exuberant. This equinox is also known as Ostara or Eostre - and is celebrated as a festival of new growth, renewal, a re-balancing of energies and the return of longer days. "Goddess of fertility and new beginnings, we take this opportunity to embrace Eostre's passion for new life and let our own lives take the new direction we have wanted for so long." I mentioned in my last post the last chemo being bittersweet and how its left me feeling alone and desponde

My new puppies!

Well what a week I have had! I have had my breast reconstruction and am now back home recovering.I was very anxious and excited at the same time about having it done. It was great to think finally I will get my boobs back but I had no idea how they were going to turn out and I had to trust in my surgeon that they would look great! My body was changing again and it was quite a scary feeling. The recon went very well and I am very pleased with the results. It took me a while to look down at my chest, I was worried I was not going to like what I saw. At first glance in hospital I freaked out because not only was the right breast about twice the size of the left one but they were also pointing side ways rather then straight on. I hated being back in hospital, it brought back all the horrible memories of when I was last in to have my mastectomy. Even though I was in for a positive reason it was still hard. Being in pain, coming round from the anesthetics and being on morphine is a massive

Cancer Survivor day

Today is cancer survivor day so what better day to write a post update. It's been six months since I last wrote and in just six months a lot has happened.  Firstly I want to say if you are a cancer survivor then well done! You did it! You beat the big C, the biggest shit of all shits! If you are fighting cancer right now then I send out so much love to you right.  Keep fighting and stay strong and positive and know that you can kick its arse!  I feel like a cat who has nine lives. I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was to be alive until I got two messages off friends who had lost their friends to breast cancer and had exactly the same type as me. I've always been a little laid back about stuff in the past and was convinced I was invincible like most young people do and even today I still have to remind myself how lucky I actually am to be here today. Even when I had cancer I was never scared that I wouldn't beat it. I'm not sure if that's a bit of ignorance