Skip to main content

2011.... so far so great!



I hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year! I had a great one spending it with my family in Leicester, Joe's parents in Hastings and some great friends in Hastings for New years.

2011 has started off quite well for me. My favourite number being 11 too. For a couple of reasons, one it being my life path number and two I have this connection with the number 11 and guardian angels.

This Christmas again I made all my presents. This year I made more of an effort as I had more time. The presents went down so well my mum and sisters said I was mad not to be selling my stuff. As it has been so hard to find work at the moment and always wanting to work for myself anyway I decided I should go for it. I have always wanted to do this, whether it be clothes, costume, photography but I never did because I never had any confidence in my own work. My family gave me that confidence and motivation I needed. They have been so supportive in many ways that I could not have started it without them.

I named my new little venture Forest Elf which has been a name Ive had with me for a while. I was nicked named pixie and faery as a child and I have always had a huge love of trees! I have started to create a website but started off on Facebook to get the word around. It had a great response and I am already getting orders in nearly everyday. Its very exciting and I am loving doing something I enjoy.

Please have a look if you have not already http://www.facebook.com/forestelf22
Hoping to get the website up and running soon. I really want this to turn into something bigger then a side line thing so am going to work really hard to make it happen.









It feels great to finally be doing something. In the end I couldn't do my costume design course as I could not afford the fees. I love costume and still would love to make clothes and costume. Its something I will think of doing when I expand.

As for my boobs.... well I noticed something not right with my implant in my real boob. I went to see my surgeon and he said that it had dropped and would need more surgery to rectify this. As you can imagine the thought of more surgery is the last thing I want. He again gave me choices of how to rectify it. A breast uplift or another mastectomy. Another mastectomy does sound drastic but I am so fed up with it all I feel like just being done with it and having it off. Not only will it give me peace of mind but I will have a matching pair rather then a very odd pair. I'm seeing my surgeon in Feb to tell him which Ive gone for then I will go on the waiting list. Although I don't feel in a hurry to have more surgery. The nipple reconstruction will get done at the same time though so that's good.

I'm hoping that will be the only rubbish thing I have to go through this year. I really want to put it all behind me now.

Lincoln didn't turn out so well for me. I was excited about the move for Joe and I and had got a job which I knew I would enjoy. Things seemed to start off well. However I was unfairly dismissed for being dyslexic with maths. It was a real kick in the teeth and got me down. I think its helped so determined to do my own thing and I do believe everything happens for a reason, good and bad. I also found it very tough going from exciting Brighton to not so exciting Lincoln. I felt very cut off and missed all my friends and family.

The snow in Lincoln was amazing though! I can not remember the last time I saw snow like that in the UK.





I will be moving into a little cottage south of Leicestershire. It comes with a forge and is on a country estate. A lot of the outbuildings have been turned into houses, art studios and businesses such as an Organic food shop. Theres a great little community there of like minded people. I get my own allotment too! It will be as close to The Good Life as I can get at the moment.

Its a perfect place for Joe and I to both end up. We saw it last year but it had already been leased out so we were waiting for it to come up again. We had no idea it would come up this soon but feel its perfect timing for me. Joe has a good job in Lincoln so there are no plans of him moving just yet.



So this year seems like its going to be a good one! Things are finally coming together and about bloody time!!

Comments

Emily said…
http://www.facebook.com/forestelf22
Anonymous said…
Hi Emily - it was lovely to meet you on your short stay in Lincoln, just sorry we didn't have the time to explore the depth of your creative talent. It looks as though things are turning around nicely for you now, but I do hope we will have the chance, sometime in the future, to collaborate creatively!
Pauline xx
You have to give a brave front to the disease.It is psychosomatic disease which tries to make you be depressed mentally...don't worry do the best medication possible and live happily.
Elyn Jacobs said…
hi Emily, I am new to this site and just wanted to share my thoughts. i was diagnosed in 2007, cancer in the left breast. i was to have a mastectomy. after much deliberation, I decided to have a bilat. i understood that an implant in the healthy breast might make it difficult to detect cancer and plus i did not want to be lopsided. i was 45 with two small children and my mother was losing her battle of 13 years, so that was weighing on me....(she died shortly after my surgery). i called my surgeon to ask about it and he said that it was the best decision i could ever make. i also mentioned my decision to a women one year out,same situation and she had said her biggest regret was not having done both. i know you will come to the best decision for you, I just wanted to share my thoughts with you. be well, elyn
I wish you have a great 2012 too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Spring has sprung

I am so happy that the sun is shining and spring is on its way because at the moment I am my happiest sitting out in the natural elements taking in the new spring air. I feel it is appropriate timing that I am finishing my treatment and will be starting to live my life again when Spring is emerging. The Spring equinox begins this weekend, when night and day stand in perfect balance. The Spring Equinox represents new life and growth. The lethargy of winter is dissipating and there is the promise of life becoming more exuberant. This equinox is also known as Ostara or Eostre - and is celebrated as a festival of new growth, renewal, a re-balancing of energies and the return of longer days. "Goddess of fertility and new beginnings, we take this opportunity to embrace Eostre's passion for new life and let our own lives take the new direction we have wanted for so long." I mentioned in my last post the last chemo being bittersweet and how its left me feeling alone and desponde

My new puppies!

Well what a week I have had! I have had my breast reconstruction and am now back home recovering.I was very anxious and excited at the same time about having it done. It was great to think finally I will get my boobs back but I had no idea how they were going to turn out and I had to trust in my surgeon that they would look great! My body was changing again and it was quite a scary feeling. The recon went very well and I am very pleased with the results. It took me a while to look down at my chest, I was worried I was not going to like what I saw. At first glance in hospital I freaked out because not only was the right breast about twice the size of the left one but they were also pointing side ways rather then straight on. I hated being back in hospital, it brought back all the horrible memories of when I was last in to have my mastectomy. Even though I was in for a positive reason it was still hard. Being in pain, coming round from the anesthetics and being on morphine is a massive

Cancer Survivor day

Today is cancer survivor day so what better day to write a post update. It's been six months since I last wrote and in just six months a lot has happened.  Firstly I want to say if you are a cancer survivor then well done! You did it! You beat the big C, the biggest shit of all shits! If you are fighting cancer right now then I send out so much love to you right.  Keep fighting and stay strong and positive and know that you can kick its arse!  I feel like a cat who has nine lives. I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was to be alive until I got two messages off friends who had lost their friends to breast cancer and had exactly the same type as me. I've always been a little laid back about stuff in the past and was convinced I was invincible like most young people do and even today I still have to remind myself how lucky I actually am to be here today. Even when I had cancer I was never scared that I wouldn't beat it. I'm not sure if that's a bit of ignorance