Skip to main content

2011 is all about new beginnings!

So 2011 started well. I decided to go for it by starting up my own craft business Forest Elf which is going really well so far. I have had a great response and the word is spreading! I am even due to have a feature in a local magazine soon which is very exciting. I got a part time job working in a magazine subscription company, 9-1 which is perfect as it means I come home and have the whole afternoon to sew! Although my sewing machine has broken which is slightly annoying especially as I have THE worst Singer model ever apparently!

This week I moved into my new place, Forge Cottage. I love it! Probably my favourite abode so far and I have lived in a lot of places. Mini seems to have settled in straight away. She, like me is a bit of a gypsy cat! I love the fact I only have a wood burner for heating. It might be because I am a fire sign, Leo but I love fires! I find the smell of burning wood so comforting.







I have a feeling I won't be leaving this place for a while, which is a relief as I am sick of moving every 6-12 months!

After packing all my stuff which was mainly vintage clothing I decided to sell some as have way too much! I have been collecting for 10 years now. I have always wanted a vintage shop. Seeing as I started my Forest Elf craft as a business I thought I might as well have a Vintage Forest Elf! Having an online shop is just perfect, no worries of renting a shop and all the overheads that go with it. Obviously I would still love to have my own boutique because there is nothing like it but the internet is a good place to start. Check my page out on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/Forestelfvintage

So now I am more settled and am back in the Shire I have had to transfer doctors, oncologist and surgeon! I have decided that I want another mastectomy. I am in no rush though as would like a break from surgery and hospitals! By the time I get to see a surgeon and go on the waiting list it could be months anyway! I will be so happy when it is completely over once and for all. I will just have 3 years left of tamoxifen and that will be the end of it!

So I have a feeling I'm in for a great summer and rest of the year with my business. It would be nice to be completely self employed one day.

I knew 2011 had to be my year seeing as 11 is my life path number amongst other things. I hope 2011 is a great year for you too. It just goes to show, as much shit that you go through there is always good things round the corner. You just have to stay positive and make your dreams happen!

Comments

Amy W said…
What a cute little place, can I move in :)
Keep finding that light and live life as it is, there are many who passed that test of our creator and I knew you can do it without a doubt.
FAMEDS said…
Emily,

Great to stumble on your blog! Best of luck with your journey! Have you heard about FAMEDS fight to keep Avastin on-label for the 17,500+ women with Metastatic Breast Cancer that the drug is working for? Please sign & share: www.fameds.org/petition.php
Hope you had a good and enjoyable 2011. I wish you have a great 2012 too. My wishes and prayers for you always.
Keep posting.

Popular posts from this blog

Spring has sprung

I am so happy that the sun is shining and spring is on its way because at the moment I am my happiest sitting out in the natural elements taking in the new spring air. I feel it is appropriate timing that I am finishing my treatment and will be starting to live my life again when Spring is emerging. The Spring equinox begins this weekend, when night and day stand in perfect balance. The Spring Equinox represents new life and growth. The lethargy of winter is dissipating and there is the promise of life becoming more exuberant. This equinox is also known as Ostara or Eostre - and is celebrated as a festival of new growth, renewal, a re-balancing of energies and the return of longer days. "Goddess of fertility and new beginnings, we take this opportunity to embrace Eostre's passion for new life and let our own lives take the new direction we have wanted for so long." I mentioned in my last post the last chemo being bittersweet and how its left me feeling alone and desponde

My new puppies!

Well what a week I have had! I have had my breast reconstruction and am now back home recovering.I was very anxious and excited at the same time about having it done. It was great to think finally I will get my boobs back but I had no idea how they were going to turn out and I had to trust in my surgeon that they would look great! My body was changing again and it was quite a scary feeling. The recon went very well and I am very pleased with the results. It took me a while to look down at my chest, I was worried I was not going to like what I saw. At first glance in hospital I freaked out because not only was the right breast about twice the size of the left one but they were also pointing side ways rather then straight on. I hated being back in hospital, it brought back all the horrible memories of when I was last in to have my mastectomy. Even though I was in for a positive reason it was still hard. Being in pain, coming round from the anesthetics and being on morphine is a massive

Cancer Survivor day

Today is cancer survivor day so what better day to write a post update. It's been six months since I last wrote and in just six months a lot has happened.  Firstly I want to say if you are a cancer survivor then well done! You did it! You beat the big C, the biggest shit of all shits! If you are fighting cancer right now then I send out so much love to you right.  Keep fighting and stay strong and positive and know that you can kick its arse!  I feel like a cat who has nine lives. I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was to be alive until I got two messages off friends who had lost their friends to breast cancer and had exactly the same type as me. I've always been a little laid back about stuff in the past and was convinced I was invincible like most young people do and even today I still have to remind myself how lucky I actually am to be here today. Even when I had cancer I was never scared that I wouldn't beat it. I'm not sure if that's a bit of ignorance